Act now to help save lives.
How to report abuse
The Ethical Animal App is available for download on iTunes. If you are at all concerned about the well-being or safety of an animal or witness abuse, violence or neglect please upload footage and details to the app.
It is easy and quick to use and is free to everyone. It just might make that critical difference to an animal in distress.
1. Your own name, address, and telephone number for our records.
2. It is RSPCA policy to treat all complaints in the strictest confidence. Your name will not be disclosed without your permission, but the RSPCA inspector will need to contact you if you want to know about the result of his or her investigation. Please note that this may only be when the investigation has been concluded.
3. The date, time and place of the offence.
Photographs showing the cruelty involved may provide vital evidence in a prosecution case. If by any chance you have a camera to hand and it is safe for you to use it, please do – mention this to the controller who handles your call. The controller will need to ask you a series of questions about the animal(s) involved to establish the full situation. These will relate to what you have seen in relation to the animal’s environment and its bodily condition.
The RSPCA believes that the basic welfare of all animals must take into account the ‘Five Welfare Needs’. These needs are:
1. Somewhere suitable to live - a proper diet, including fresh water - the ability to express normal behavior - for any need to be housed with, or apart from, other animals
2. Protection from, and treatment of, illness and injury.
3. If known, the name(s) and address(es) of the person(s) involved.
4. The names and addresses of any witnesses.
5. The registration number and description of any vehicle involved.